Printable Instant Pot® Thai Coconut Beef And Rice Recipe
|Beef Roast||3 Pounds|
|Olive Oil||3 Tablespoons|
|Bell Pepper, sliced||1 each|
|Coconut Milk||1.5 cup|
|¾ cup Beef Stock||1 cup|
|Peanut butter, smooth||0.33 cup|
|Coconut aminos||2 Tablespoons|
|Snap Peas||0.5 pound|
|Basil, Fresh||0.25 cup|
|White rice||1 cup|
|Olive Oil||1 tsp|
- Begin by cooking the rice in the Instant Pot®. Add the 1 teaspoon oil, rice, water and ¼ tsp salt to the Instant Pot® and seal the top, placing the steam valve to the “seal” position. Select the rice button and set the timer for 8 minutes. Now sit back and watch the magic happen! Once cookes, let the Instant pot naturally release the steam (just let the pot sit there!) for 10 minutes before opening the valve and setting the rice aside.
- Sprinkle the salt over the top of the beef and then place inside the bowl of your instant pot. Press ‘saute’ and then select ‘high’ for high heat. Sear the beef, rotating as you go, to brown each side. This will take about 5 minutes.
- On a small bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, beef stock, peanut butter, coconut aminos, honey and ginger. Pour this mix into the bowl and stir briefly. Place the cover on the Instant Pot®, making sure the steam release valve is set to ‘seal’ and press ‘manual’ and adjust the time for 35 minutes. Let the beef cook!
- Once the beef has completed its 35 minute cooking cycle, push open the steam valve using a long spoon so as not to burn your hand when the steam rapidly escapes the Instant Pot®. Remove the lid and add the sugar snap peas, peppers and basil to the pot.
- Close and seal the lid again, press ‘manual’ and set the timer for 5 more minutes. Once done, let the Instant Pot® do a natural steam release for 10 minutes then open it manually.
- Shred the beef using two forks and then serve along with the rice.
(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)