Printable Instant Pot® Sourdough Bread Recipe
|Bread Flour||3 Cups|
|Dry Active Yeast||0.75 tsp|
|Plain Greek Yogurt||1 cup|
- Begin by mixing the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl or just using the Instant Pot® metal liner as your bowl.
- Add the yogurt and water and stir together. Once the dough begins to form, use your hands to knead it into a smooth ball.
- Line the Instant Pot® metal liner with a piece of parchment paper and place the dough ball in the center of the paper. Place the lid on the Instant pot and close, making sure the steamer valve is set to “seal”. Press the Yogurt Button and set the timer for 4 hours.
- Open the Instant pot and remove the proofed sourdough from the bowl, discarding the parchment paper. Give the dough a few quick kneads and then place into a floured bowl. Cover and let sit for 45 minutes
- While the dough is resting (also called ‘proofing’), preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Place the dutch oven inside the oven as it preheats. You want the dutch oven to be very very hot in order to create a nice crust on your bread as it bakes. Once 45 minutes has passed, your dough should be ready and your dutch oven should be nice and hot as well. Carefully lift your dough out of the bowl and place it in the dutch oven. Place the cover on the dutch oven immediately (this will help get some steam inside to make the crust on the bread form) and put it inside the preheated oven.
- Bake the bread for 30 minutes and once baked, remove from the Dutch oven and let cool on a wire rack. Allow your bread to cool completely before slicing!
(Visited 999 times, 2 visits today)