Printable Instant Pot® Beef Bourguignon Recipe
|Chuck Roast Beef||1.5 Pounds|
|Olive Oil||1 Tbsp|
|Black Pepper||0.25 tsp|
|Carrots, diced||1 cup|
|Onion, diced||0.5 cup|
|Beef Broth||2 Cups|
- Pour the olive oil into the Instant Pot® and press the “Saute” button. Place the beef chuck in as well to sear, flipping once to brown the other side. You are not trying to cook the beef through, just give it a quick sear, about 2 minutes on each side.(A quick note, I like to use beef chuck filets like in the picture as they cook quickly but stay tender. Feel free to use one large beef chuck roast or smaller, pre cut beef cubes.)
- Remove the beef from the Instant Pot®, cut into cubes and set aside.
- Add the carrots and onion to the Instant Pot® and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Then, add the salt, pepper, dried thyme, bay leaf and beef broth to the pot. Place the lid of the Instant Pot® and use the pressure valve to “seal”. Push the “Beef/Stew” button and let your bourguignon cook!
- Once the Instant Pot® is done cooking, mix the flour and water together in a small bowl and pour into the pot with the beef. Press “saute” and let the mix come to a boil and cook for about 5 more minutes (with the top off) until the broth begins to slightly thicken.
- Server the bourguignon alsong side mashed potatoes or broccoli, or on top of rice or noodles.
(Visited 43 times, 1 visits today)